Outlook 2003 Settings for Email
June 1, 2010
To set up your Outlook client to work with Gmail:
- Enable POP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts...
- Click Add a new e-mail account, and click Next.
- Choose POP3 as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information: User Information Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages. Email Address: Enter your full email address (email@example.com) Server Information Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.gmail.com Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com Login Information User Name: Enter your username (including @domain.tld) Password: Enter your password
- Click More Settings... and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming Server (POP3).
- Check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Outgoing Server (SMTP),and enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) box.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings... After receiving Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Download the latest updates for Outlook from Microsoft. This will help prevent the most common Outlook errors Gmail users see.