Hiring Technical Support Specialist Now
Support Specialist at Cybernautic
Cybernautic is a Central Illinois-based web design, SEO and
hosting company. We serve hundreds of businesses throughout the state of
Illinois and around the world.
We have high expectations for our technical support
representatives because they are such a crucial part of our business. We work
hard to impress our clients, from initial consultation to post-launch support.
Once our sales and production staff have impressed the client, it is the job of
technical support to continue to impress them over time. This is a
full time position in our Bloomington-Normal office.
We’re looking for someone that has some experience with a web services helpdesk/support center, web code,
web databases, cloud-based servers, and other web services including a basic understanding
of web design and development (primarily PHP/MySQL). We’re looking for someone
that can clearly and effectively communicate to customers who are often
non-technical, someone that is incredibly well organized, and most importantly someone
that thrives on providing an awesome customer experience.
Required skills include:
- A basic
understanding of PHP/MySQL (LAMP stack) so that you can immediately address the
most basic issues, and properly troubleshoot more complex issues.
complex issues to our developers, giving them a clear understanding of the
scope of the issue they are being asked to support.
thinking skills are imperative for a tech support specialist. When presented
with a challenge, tech support staff must brainstorm and implement solutions
quickly and effectively.
interpersonal skills, as it is vital for the Web support staff to understand
clients' needs and identify appropriate strategies to fill those needs. It is
also important for support specialists to be team players, as communication
with project managers and other staff will be required.
- Being detail
oriented and organized, and possessing time management skills to meet
communicating with customers on a daily basis so they always know the status of
their ticket even when there is very little new information to present. Customers
want daily communication to know that resolution to their issue is being
- Managing the process, coordination and facilitation of incoming requests
to the Support Center via telephone, e-mail and online support ticket to ensure
courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Monitoring and testing fixes applied by all staff to ensure problems
have been adequately resolved before closing a ticket with a customer.
- Designing and enforcing request-handling and escalation policies and
- Analyzing performance of support staff activities and documenting
resolutions, identifying problem areas, and devising and delivering solutions
to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Scheduling team conference calls and meetings when necessary.
- Consulting with customers to uncover
opportunities, matching those opportunities to our services, and then
passing the lead along to a sales rep for a quote.
- Effectively managing client expectations.
- Going the extra mile to make sure customers are thrilled with our
- Explaining our services including web design, web
development, SEO, and social media to a client in a way that makes sense to
them regardless of their current level of understanding on the subject.
- Constantly taking the initiative to learn and develop
the skills required to identify new sales opportunities and present solutions.
- Prioritizing the needs of multiple customers and
multiple support tickets.
- Understanding the difference between the layout
layer of a website and the content layer.
- Understanding the difference between a graphics
issue, a programming issue, and a server/network-related issue.
- Processing domain registrations.
- Processing domain transfers from all registrars.
- Managing DNS records including zone file
acquisition and management.
- Processing annual SSL renewals and coordinate
updating SSL Certs with the Network Admin to ensure no downtime for secure
- Coordinating Google Analytics setup with new
- Coordinating Google Places for Business setup
with new clients.
- Managing Google AdWords campaign setup and
- Setting up Google Webmaster including
Sitemap submission to Google Webmaster
monitoring via Google webmaster
- Setting up Google Apps including
client configuration with Google Apps on Outlook, Mac Mail, iOS devices and
- Recording all login credentials to our 256-bit
encrypted password management system.
- Providing on-phone tutorials of various versions
of our content management system.
- Occasionally record new billing information.
- Providing post-launch follow-up calls to new
clients to introduce yourself as their personal helpdesk representative.
- Proficiency using PCs and Macs including MS Office, major
browsers (IE, FF, Safari, Chrome), social networks such as Facebook, Twitter,
and Google+ and other web-based applications.
- Demonstrate a broad understating of current web
trends and an eagerness to learn what you do not already know about web design,
web development, SEO and social media.
and reporting progress for multiple, concurrent projects.
- Handling complaints from customers gracefully. You
must always listen carefully to the consumer, research the complaint and provide
helpful suggestions to resolve the matter in a way that is satisfactory to the
customer and the company in a timely manner.
- Regularly updating websites for existing clients
and if requested work should fall outside the scope of regular maintenance, the
Web support staff may be required to estimate a timetable and cost estimate for
We can offer:
- Basic training on our content management system,
design/development process, SEO, client management and sales process
- Regular ongoing training
- The opportunity to work with an award winning
team that produces some of the best websites in the industry
- A competitive entry-level salary with plenty of
- Annual pay raises based on performance
- Incentives, bonuses, rewards and recognition for
- Two weeks paid time off
- Flexible schedule…when goals are being met or exceeded
- Health benefits that increase over time
There are three way to apply:
- Use our websites contact us form and attach a resume.
- Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply via monster.com for the Technical Support Specialist Position.