Website Technical Support Specialist at Cybernautic
Cybernautic is a Central Illinois-based web design, SEO, and hosting company. We serve hundreds of businesses throughout the state of Illinois and around the world.
We have high expectations for our technical support representatives because they are such a crucial part of our business. We work hard to impress our clients, from initial consultation to post-launch support. Once our sales and production staff have impressed the client, it is the job of technical support to continue to impress them over time. This is a full-time position in our Bloomington-Normal office.
We’re looking for someone that has some experience with a web services helpdesk/support center, web code, web databases, cloud-based servers, and other web services including a basic understanding of web design and development (primarily PHP/MySQL). We’re looking for someone that can clearly and effectively communicate to customers who are often non-technical, someone that is incredibly well organized, and most importantly someone that thrives on providing an awesome customer experience.
Required skills include:
- A basic understanding of PHP/MySQL (LAMP stack) so that you can immediately address the
most basic issues, and properly troubleshoot more complex issues.
- Delegating complex issues to our developers, giving them a clear understanding of the scope of the issue they are being asked to support.
- Critical thinking skills are imperative for a tech support specialist. When presented with a challenge, tech support staff must brainstorm and implement solutions quickly and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as it is vital for the Web support staff to understand clients' needs and identify appropriate strategies to fill those needs. It is also important for support specialists to be team players, as communication with project managers and other staff will be required.
- Being detail oriented and organized, and possessing time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Pro-actively communicating with customers on a daily basis so they always know the status of their ticket even when there is very little new information to present. Customers want daily communication to know that resolution to their issue is being pursued daily.
- Managing the process, coordination and facilitation of incoming requests to the Support Center via telephone, e-mail and online support ticket to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Monitoring and testing fixes applied by all staff to ensure problems have been adequately resolved before closing a ticket with a customer.
- Designing and enforcing request-handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Analyzing performance of support staff activities and documenting resolutions, identifying problem areas, and devising and delivering solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Scheduling team conference calls and meetings when necessary.
- Consulting with customers to uncover opportunities, matching those opportunities to our services, and then passing the lead along to a sales rep for a quote.
- Effectively managing client expectations.
- Going the extra mile to make sure customers are thrilled with our support center.
- Explaining our services including web design, web development, SEO, and social media to a client in a way that makes sense to them regardless of their current level of understanding on the subject.
- Constantly taking the initiative to learn and develop the skills required to identify new sales opportunities and present solutions.
- Prioritizing the needs of multiple customers and multiple support tickets.
- Understanding the difference between the layout layer of a website and the content layer.
- Understanding the difference between a graphics issue, a programming issue, and a server/network-related issue.
- Processing domain registrations.
- Processing domain transfers from all registrars.
- Managing DNS records including zone file acquisition and management.
- Processing annual SSL renewals and coordinate updating SSL Certs with the Network Admin to ensure no downtime for secure sites.
- Coordinating Google Analytics setup with new clients.
- Coordinating Google Places for Business setup with new clients.
- Managing Google AdWords campaign setup and keyword/budget adjustments.
- Setting up Google Webmaster including
- XML Sitemap submission to Google Webmaster
- Website monitoring via Google webmaster
- Setting up Google Apps including
- Email system setup
- Email account creation
- Client password resets
- Email client configuration with Google Apps on Outlook, Mac Mail, iOS devices and Android devices
- Recording all login credentials to our 256-bit encrypted password management system.
- Providing on-phone tutorials of various versions of our content management system.
- Occasionally record new billing information.
- Providing post-launch follow-up calls to new clients to introduce yourself as their personal helpdesk representative.
- Proficiency using PCs and Macs including MS Office, major browsers (IE, FF, Safari, Chrome), social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ and other web-based applications.
- Demonstrate a broad understating of current web trends and an eagerness to learn what you do not already know about web design, web development, SEO and social media.
- Tracking and reporting progress for multiple, concurrent projects.
- Handling complaints from customers gracefully. You must always listen carefully to the consumer, research the complaint and provide helpful suggestions to resolve the matter in a way that is satisfactory to the customer and the company in a timely manner.
- Regularly updating websites for existing clients and if requested work should fall outside the scope of regular maintenance, the Web support staff may be required to estimate a timetable and cost estimate for implementation.
We can offer:
- Basic training on our content management system, design/development process, SEO, client management and sales process
- Regular ongoing training
- The opportunity to work with an award winning team that produces some of the best websites in the industry
- A competitive entry-level salary with plenty of growth potential
- Annual pay raises based on performance
- Incentives, bonuses, rewards and recognition for top performers
- Two weeks paid time off
- Flexible schedule…when goals are being met or exceeded
- Health benefits that increase over time
Apply Now There are three way to apply:
- Use our websites contact us form and attach a resume.
- Email a resume to [email protected]
- Apply via monster.com for the Technical Support Specialist Position.